Monday, April 5, 2010

Cometh the hour, cometh the man


So I finally got to watch the brand new Doctor Who last night. And my verdict on The Eleventh Hour (which was, I felt, very much a statement of intent for the new series)...?

Funnier, darker, sexier (the Doctor's new companion's a kiss-a-gram!?!), less of RTD's obsession with... well, you know what... and all in all a lot of fun. But what's with the new theme tune?



I thought it was virtually unrecognisable as Ron Granier's classic. And I'm not too sure about the central column's glass conjugal toy-style appearance. But I'm hooked and I can't wait for the next one.

Loved the line, 'Basically, run.' Highly reminiscent of Moffat's Doctor in Forest of the Dead. 'You're in a library - look me up!'

You might also be interested to know that there are four new Doctor Who: Decide Your Destiny adventures coming out soon. None of them by me but if you'd like to know more, follow this link.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr Ballingall said...

Yes, for me the jury is still out on the theme arrangement/titles sequence, but much of the episode made me smile and enjoy myself. There were some emotional points as in RTD's stuff, but they were made a meal of which in my opinion made them all the better for it. Teaser for the rest of the series looked great. Here's to next saturday...

April 5, 2010 at 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home