Thursday, January 14, 2010

Night of the Necromancer - competition winner

I've got a bit of a treat for all you Fighting Fantasy fans out there, desperate to see some more of Martin McKenna's frankly astounding artwork for the forthcoming Night of the Necromancer.

Today I can reveal, for the first time, Martin's portrait of NOTN competition winner Nicki Gray, alongside the posed photograph she sent in to Wizard Towers. (In case you don't know what I'm talking about, click here, and pop back again in a minute.)

But anyway, on with the good stuff...

Martin McKenna's finished illustration


Nicki's winning shot


Nicki's frankly astonishing FF collection

Seeing the photo and the finished illustration together you can see how fine a portraitist Martin really is.


As it happens, I'm proof-reading the typeset manuscript at the moment and, without wanting to sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet, I'm getting excited about it all over again.

As to who the other figures in the picture are... you'll just have to wait until April to find out!

Until next time...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home