Saturday, January 2, 2010

Knights of Doom - a question

The other day I came across a reference to Knights of Doom that wasn't anything to do with the second of my Fighting Fantasy adventure gamebooks.

It's a song by a band called The Sorrow. Now I know that it's perfectly possible that this it is purely a coincidence that my book and their song have the same name, but does anyone know anything about the origin of The Sorrow's track?

It's from the album Blessings From A Blackened Sky and the lyrics are as follows:

This time no light will shine through
When skies are falling
The age of bloodlust is dawning
My sole is seeking solace
No god above us
Our bones are feeding the fire

Knights of doom
Blades cut deep
Knights of doom
At the gates

Through the night
Set our bodies ablaze
Turn the darkness to light
We are feeding the fire / We carry on

This time I stand alone amongst the demons
The battle for hope is calling
My eyes ablazed by fury
I'm armed with despair
I kill for the grace of my loved ones

Through the night
Set our bodies ablaze
Turn the darkness to light
We are feeding the fire / We carry on

A battle for honour
A battle for grace


If anyone does know anything, I'd be most grateful if you replied to this post. Yours, in anticipation...



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home