Thursday, October 1, 2009

Come on now, don't be shy

Stormslayer's been out for nearly a month now and Evolution Expects even longer, but they've yet to garner any reviews on Amazon, that bookseller to the world. Both have received critical acclaim elsewhere, but it never hurts to have a few (no less than 3, please) stars up on Amazon.

Now, I am fully aware that this blog post might be a bit of a 'be careful what you wish for moment' but if any of you good folk feel like submitting a couple of lines explaining what you have enjoyed about recent publications of mine then please, go ahead. You never know, I might find some way of thanking you in the future.

Fingers crossed...

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger TheEditor said...

Perhaps once I've beaten "Stormslayer" I might post a review...

October 2, 2009 at 6:17 AM  
Blogger Jonathan Green said...

That's what I like to hear!

October 2, 2009 at 7:18 AM  
Blogger C64 Mat said...

Gutted... I've just signed up to Amazon, thinking I have plenty of spare time today so I'll get some FF reviews in. Went straight for Stormslayer, clicked the button and... "You can only write a review 24 hours after your first Amazon purchase". Noooooo! I was looking forward to putting my thoughts down as well. Just for the record, I was going to give it four stars. I thoroughly enjoyed it, the only things that for me personally don't make it a five star book (like Howl of the Werewolf or Spellbreaker) is how tech-heavy it is; it doesn't sit too comfortably with me in the world of Titan. If it had been set in it's own world, I don't think I'd have had such an issue with that. Also, I think Howl of the Werewolf raised the bar so ludicrously high for what a Fighting Fantasy book can be (just as Creature of Havoc did in the original run of books) in terms of atmosphere, characterisation, storytelling, choice, playability, freedom and structure that any subsequent books by any author will have a lot to live up to.

October 12, 2009 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Green said...

Hi Mataeus

I appreaciate the effort and hopefully your review will appear in due course, but it sounds like I rather shot myself in the foot with Werewolf, doesn't it?

It's interesting that you say it's too tech-heavy. Steampunk is my life these days, and it's obviously getting everywhere!

But at least you'll still be giving Stormslayer 4 stars and not 1 like a certain Mrs Giggles. (I'll post more on this another time.)

October 12, 2009 at 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home