Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bye-bye, Bush!

So, Barack Obama is the 44th President of the United States and the country's first black premier. And although I'll be glad to see the back of Bush (along with most of the rest of the world, I guess) there are some things about him that I'll miss - those wonderful 'Bushisms'.

Do you remember this one? "There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again." Or how about, "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

You can read of list of his 20 best faux pas here, but I think my favourite probably has to be this one:

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures."

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home