Saturday, October 25, 2008

Channelling Clarkson

Today I shall be mostly working on a writing sample for a Top Gear book. Yes, even if you've had twenty books published already, when you tackle something a little bit different for a new publisher/editor, you need to produce a sample to prove that you are capable of producing the goods. That's the reality of writing for a living.

For my sample I have to write a car review, a short quiz and produce a Top Gear-related activity. I have chosen to use the following classic Top Gear moments to help me write my sample.

The Aston Martin DBS






The Bugatti Veyron vs the Eurofighter Typhoon






The Daihatsu Terios Fox-Hunt






I'll let you know how I get on - and whether I get the gig - at a later date (when I know myself). In the mean time you might be interested to know that Top Gear Live comes to London next weekend!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home