Friday, November 9, 2007

Leviathan Risen

Hopefully fans of the Pax Britannia series will be pleased to know that last night I put the finishing touches to 'Leviathan Rising' the second Ulysses Quicksilver adventure for the steampunk/alternate history line. It is now in the hands of my editor at Abaddon Books and will be available to buy March next year.

Even if I do say so myself, I am rather pleased with it. It was one of the more challenging books I have ever set myself to write, mainly because of the number of characters and interweaving plot strands involved. But I'm pleased with the end result and, after four months of writing, it's good to have it completed!

As is always the way when I achieve closure on a project, my mind is a-whirl with ideas for the next three Quicksilver books. (I hope that doesn't give too much away about the fate of the main character!) The third one, which should be out in time for Christmas 2008 - and you thought Christmas 2007 was kicking off early! - is well formed in my mind. I now just need to sit down a beat out a proposal, during which process I'll sort out all the fine details. But more on that later.

Between now and the next PB book I've already got another two projects on my schedule, but just for the moment I'm going to sit back and bask in the glory of having finished writing my eighth novel, which will also be my sixteenth published book. By my rough estimations that's about 680,000 words in terms of novels alone and, added to my other eight books (but not including the short stories I've written), approximately 1,000,000 published words.

Wow! I think that's a good enough reason to celebrate, don't you?

Cheers.

2 Comments:

Blogger C64 Mat said...

"Between now and the next PB book I've already got another two projects on my schedule"

Hmm.... I've only just spotted this little give-away...
Not that I don't appreciate your Warhammer and Pax Britannia work but... Here's hoping one of these is another marvelous FF book!

November 16, 2007 at 5:26 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Green said...

In fact they are neither Warhammer, Pax Britannia nor FF. More later, as and when I can talk about them publicly.

November 16, 2007 at 11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home