Monday, September 24, 2007

Games Day 2007

So, it’s Monday morning and I’m back at my desk blogging after a busy but fun day at the Birmingham NEC yesterday. I was attending Games Day 2007 (Games Workshop’s massive annual retail and events day) as a guest of the Black Library.

This was my – counts on fingers and toes – thirteenth Games Day. Yes, thirteen, without a break, since 1995 when I had a go at this freelance malarkey the first time around. Anyway, things have moved on quite a bit since then, both for me and for Games Day.

The event is (as I think I’ve already said) massive. Thousands of people fill the actually quite large NEC Forum, Arena and Pavilion buildings to bursting, all incredibly excited about constructing and painting little (and so not so little) plastic and metal miniatures, fighting battles with them, learning about how they’re made, playing computer games based upon them, or desperate to read stories of their exploits in the Games Workshop’s shared worlds of Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000. That’s where I come in.

I have had a number of short stories, comic strips and, more recently, novels published by the Black Library imprint of Games Workshop’s BL Publishing wing. Having fully immersed myself in the atmosphere of Games Workshop and its shared universes, I spent much of the day chatting with editorial staff and other writers about future projects, my own and theirs.
It was great to catch up with many of them again, or to meet for the first time. What fruits may come of my endeavours we shall have to wait and see. However, you can be assured that I shall keep you informed of any upcoming works, as and when, via this blog.

PS – Writing this has made me think that I should do a few ‘retro’ posts about my work for the Black Library, and shall endeavour to do so over the coming weeks.

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home